Early Years Pupil Premium
From April 2015, Bowerdean Nursery school has been able to claim additional funding through the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) with the aim of supporting and enriching children’s development, learning and care to diminish differences in progress and attainment.
All children aged three and four (not two-year-olds), who meet the eligibility criteria will benefit from the funding. This funding is paid directly to us on an hourly rate basis, linked to claimed hours for entitled children. The annual value for a 15-hour place over a full year is just over £300. In order to be able to claim this funding we require parents to sign the funding agreement which asks for details of parent’s date of birth and National Insurance number.
3 and 4 year olds in state-funded early education will attract EYPP funding if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Their family gets one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- They have been in local-authority care for 1 day or more in England or Wales
- They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
Pupil Premium Statement
Further information on Pupil Premium funding and our approach.
Please contact the school office for an application form and more advice about EYPP